Never Tried Rabbit?
How to Buy
Call 650-642-1690 or email us to reserve or order meats.
American Rabbit MEat
Purebred American rabbit meat
- Rabbits are sold whole.
- Our rabbit meat is $9/lb based on the hanging weight.
- The hanging weight for rabbits ranges from 2.25 to 4 lbs. Sometimes we have larger ones in the 4 to 5 lb range.
What our Rabbits Eat
Our rabbits eat a natural rabbit pellet that is made mostly of alfalfa and they graze on grass in our pastures. The grasses include rye, wild oat, plantain, vetch, burmuda, savana, mustard, and various broadleaves. From the time they are weaned they live in "rabbit tractors" that allow us to move them all around the farm to the best patch of green grass. Not only do they love the grass but they help us mow in hard to reach places like between our grapevines.
Did you know?
Rabbits are one of the most efficient and nutritious meat animals in the world.
- Rabbit is higher in protein and lower in fat, cholesterol, and calories than beef, pork, chicken, lamb and turkey
- Rabbits will produce 6 lbs of meat on the same feed and water as a cow will produce 1 lb of meat
- Rabbit meat is all white meat.
- As recently as the 1950’s rabbit was as common for dinner as chicken is today.